- Spiritual Gifts – Part 2 (13:1-14:40)
- In Chapter 13, we read probably one of the most read chapters from Paul’s First Letters to the Corinthians. This chapter is widely used at weddings. In this chapter, we read Paul’s description of the importance of LOVE, which is greater than any other spiritual gift. (see 1 Corinthians 13)
- In Chapter 14, Paul stresses the importance of raising up the congregation by the use of our gifts. Paul warns us against using our gifts (no matter how wonderful they may be) in ways that take away from the liturgy. Our gifts used during worship should not detract from the service or cause confusion in those around us. Instead, they should only be used to uplift others to help bring them closer to God. (see 1 Corinthians 14)
- What verse(s) stood out to you and why?
- Answer the questions found in your study guide and/or in the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible – The First Letter of Saint Paul to the Corinthians.