- First Steps in Establishing God’s Reign – Part 3 (23:1-24:51)
- What verse(s) stood out to you and why?
- How do you think the scribes and Pharisees felt when Jesus said all of the “woes” to them? (see Matthew 23:1-36)
- Who are the “scribes” and “Pharisees” of today? Does any of the “woes” seem relevant to anyone you know? Are any relevant to you? (see Matthew 23:1-36)
- In Matthew 24, Jesus foretells the destruction of the Jewish Temple and the coming of the end of time. How is what He says relevant today? Is today’s happenings a sign of the end of time?
- If the end of the world came today, and God came to judge you, how would you fare? (see Matthew 24:8)
- “Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.” (Matthew 24:42). How are you being watchful?
- Additional Questions found in your study guide or in the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible – The Gospel of Matthew