- Chapters 4 and 5 (James 4:1-5:20)
- We have a choice to make. Choose either God or choose the world. We cannot submit ourselves to both (see James 4:1-10).
- God is the only true judge. We should not judge others. (see James 4:11-12)
- We cannot claim to know the future. Only God knows the future. Furthermore, we should strive to live our lives according to God’s will. To know God’s will, and not follow it, is a sin. (see James 4:13-17)
- St. James warns the wealthy, since they cherish their wealth more than they cherish God. Moreover, he warns that God will judge those who have unjustly withheld money from their employees. (see James 5:1-6)
- Prepare for the coming of the Lord. Be patient. Don’t grumble. Do not swear. (see James 5:7-12)
- St. James discusses the Anointing of the Sick and the power of prayer for one another. (see James 5:13-18)
- Someone who has turned their back on their faith can save their soul and receive forgiveness of their sins if they turn back to God. (see James 5:19-20)
- What verse(s) stood out to you and why?
- Answer the questions found in your study guide and/or in the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible – The Letters of Saint James, Peter, and Jude.