- Chapters 2 and 3 (James 2:1-3:18)
- We must love ALL our neighbors without showing preferential treatment. Here James gives the example of a wealthy man versus a poor man. God is judge, not us. So we should not treat one better than the other. Also, please keep in mind that how we treat others will affect our judgment by God. (see James 2:1-13)
- It is not enough to say that we have faith. We must show our faith by what we do and how we act. (see James 2:14-26)
- Be careful what you say. Speech is a powerful thing.What we say effects others as well as ourselves. Therefore, being able to control ones tongue is important in controlling oneself. (see James 3:1-12)
- There are two kinds of wisdom. One is from God and leads to peace, mercy, and goodness. The other is by the individual who proclaims their own wisdom for selfish reasons. (see James 3:13-18)
- What verse(s) stood out to you and why?
- Answer the questions found in your study guide and/or in the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible – The Letters of Saint James, Peter, and Jude.