- First Steps in Establishing God’s Reign – Part 1 (19:1-20:34)
- What verse(s) stood out to you and why?
- Why is divorce so acceptable in today’s society? What are your thoughts about divorce? Compare society’s view and your thoughts about divorce to that of Jesus. (See Matthew 19:1-9; and if you have the ICSB, read “Topical Essay: Jesus on Marriage and Divorce)
- “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 19:14) How can children be hindered?
- When comparing yourself to others, do you feel like you deserve more from God than the others? Who, in your mind, deserves less? Who deserves more? What does Matthew 20:15-16 tell you?
- As a Christian, are you ever dissuaded from spreading the Gospel? Do you become quiet or do you cry out more? It helps to pray to the Lord for guidance on how to proceed. “Open my eyes to what you shall have me do.” (See Matthew 20:33)
- Additional Questions found in your study guide or in the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible – The Gospel of Matthew