- Introduction to the First Letter of Saint Peter
- Chapter 1 (1 Peter 1:1-25)
- A brief summary of the introduction to the First Letter of Peter is found on the“James, 1,&2 Peter, Jude” page.
- Jesus Christ gives us hope. Even without seeing Him, we love Him and have faith in the Lord. This hope sees us through the tough times in our lives, which there will be trials testing our faith. Through Jesus Christ’s resurrection, we know there is a place waiting for us in Heaven. The prophets, through the Holy Spirit, foretold this salvation. (see 1 Peter 1:3-12)
- We are all called to holiness. Jesus died for us, so we must now live our lives remembering His sacrifice and the promise of eternal life. Love one another. (see Peter 1:13-25)
- What verse(s) stood out to you and why?
- Answer the questions found in your study guide and/or in the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible – The First Letter of Saint James, Peter, and Jude.