[The information below was summarized from “Ignatius Catholic Study Bible New Testament (Second Catholic Edition RSV): Introduction to The Second Letter of Paul to the Corinthians” written by Scott Hahn and Curtis Mitch]
Author: Apostle Paul
Date: A.D. 56
- “A deeply personal and emotional letter . . . it gives us a rare glimpse of both the tenderness and the tenacity of Paul.”
- An apologetic letter. “Paul directs most of his energy to a sustained defense of his apostolic church.”
- Temptations were great for the Corinthians.
- There were others posing as apostles, turning some of the Corinthians against Paul. Paul addresses this in his Second Letter to the Corinthians, and he tries to protect his followers from these “false apostles.”
- Paul continues to request funds for the poor Christians in Jerusalem.
- Paul writes that he will visit the Corinthians again, which will be his third visit.
Pingback: Study Reminder – 2nd Corinthians – Week 1 | Life Giving Bread