- Information regarding The First Letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians – The introduction of this letter in your study guide and any additional sources you wish to utilize (i.e. bible, online, etc.).
- Introduction (1:1-9).
- Condemnation of Disorders in the Corinthian Church – Part 1 (1:10-2:16).
- It is clear that Saint Paul wrote “1 Corinthians.” Looking at verse 1:1, he introduces himself, the writer of the letter.
- Paul is trying to unite the Church in Corinth, so that there are no factions (1:10). Some members were identifying themselves with the teachings of Paul, of Apollos, of Cephas and others were claiming that they had a special relationship with Jesus Christ. (see 1:10-17)
- Theme: Pride (see 1:18-2:16).
- What verse(s) stood out to you and why?
- Answer the questions found in your study guide and/or in the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible – The First Letter of Saint Paul to the Corinthians.