Read Luke 14:1-15:32 (Journey to Jerusalem – Part Three)
Don’t forget to share with the group your thoughts regarding this week’s verses or questions! Use the comment box below.
- What verse or verses stand out to you, touch you? Why?
- “For every one who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself with be exalted.” (14:11) We must depend on God’s love and grace to get into Heaven. The self-righteous think they are guaranteed a place in Heaven, but they will have a hard time getting in. Do you consider yourself righteous or do you consider yourself unworthy on entering the kingdom of Heaven? (14:7-14)
- To be invited to the banquet in Heaven, we must place the importance of the banquet above everything else. What value do you place on the banquet? Are there things in your life that you value more? (14:15-24)
- We should follow God at all cost. Nothing should get in our way. What sacrifices do you make to be a disciple of Christ? (14:25-35)
- In the parable of the prodigal son, who do you relate to in this story (i.e. the father, the prodigal son, the older brother?) Why? (15:11-32)
Additional Questions found in the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible – Gospel of Luke