Life Giving Bread (a Catholic Online Bible Study Group)
Who: Open to everyone (Adults, teenagers, Catholics, non-Catholics)
What: The Life Giving Bread Bible Study Group is a fun way to enrich your life with scripture while also enjoying fellowship with others.
When: Next session begins April 14, 2019.
Where: On the internet. Go to www.lifegivingbread.com.
Why: Grow in the knowledge of God and the scripture.
Whether you’re an expert or a novice at studying the Bible, or even if you have never studied the Bible before, this group is for you. LGB is for everyone, even those who are busy with everyday life. No weekly meetings. Study and share on your own time. A weekly schedule and study reminders are provided to help guide you and encourage you through your study.
How: The Weekly Schedule is shown on the LGB website. “Follow” the site and/or “Like” the LGB Facebook page (www.facebook.com/lifegivingbread ) to receive weekly reminders and other information. Read the current week’s readings (typically two Bible chapters, but differs according to the study material), review the Bible notes at the bottom of each page of the study bible or the information contained in your study guide for that week’s material (see “recommended study guide” below), let the Spirit speak to you, feel how the readings touch you, then ponder the study guide questions. Lastly, feel free to share your thoughts with the group on the group’s website or Facebook page.
You will need: A Bible study guide and internet access.
Recommended study guide: Ignatius Catholic Study Bible: The Letter to the Hebrews, by Scott Hahn and Curtis Mitch
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of Studying the Bible:
- Learning about God and His work with and through people.
- See how other Christians lived their lives according to God’s will.
- Receiving comfort from the Word of God.
- Strengthening your spirit and its ties to God. This is necessary to get to Heaven.
- Determining a “road map” for your own life, by helping you make decisions according to God’s will.
- Learn more about the Catholic faith so that you can better evangelize.
Ponder these questions while reading:
- Keep in mind the time frame when it was written. What was the message God intended for the people of that time?
- What is the message God intends for people today?
- What is the message God intends for you?
- Based on the information, are you living according to God’s will? If not, what must you do differently?
- How can you use the message to live a more Christian life?