- Chapters 2 and 3 (2 Peter 2:1-3:18)
- Be careful of false prophets, those who will lead you astray from the true faith. They “entice unsteady souls.” (2 Peter 2:14) In the end, sinners will not be spared, especially if they knowingly turned “back from the holy commandment delivered to them.” (2 Peter 2:21). In other words, if you know it is a sin and you do it anyway, you will be more severely judged by God. (see 2 Peter 2:1-22)
- Jesus is coming back. However, there are those out there who do not believe this. They are skeptical. In the end, He will return according to His schedule, not ours, and the world will never be the same. (see 2 Peter 3:1-13)
- Be careful how you go about studying the bible and who teaches you. Misinterpretations could lead you away from God. Proper knowledge, on the other hand, will help you to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,” which means you will become closer to God. (see 2 Peter 3:14-18)
- What verse(s) stood out to you and why?
- Answer the questions found in your study guide and/or in the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible – The First Letter of Saint James, Peter, and Jude.