- Chapters 2 and 3 (1 Peter 2:1-3:22)
- We are God’s people (see 1 Peter 2:9-10). As such, Peter once again calls us to holiness. (see 1 Peter 2:1-8). One way to do this is by offering spiritual sacrifices to God (see 1 Peter 2:5).
- Live your life according to God, not according to your desires. (see 1 Peter 2:11-12)
- Adhere to the authorities here on earth. By obeying them, we are honoring God and helping the society as a whole. (see 1 Peter 2:13-17).
- Our sufferings are reminders of Jesus’ sufferings. (see 1 Peter 2:18-25)
- Wives, by living according to their faith, can influence their husbands to the faith. (see 1 Peter 3:1-6).
- Husbands should be examples of Christ’s love to their wives or their prayers will not be answered by God. (see 1 Peter 3:7)
- Peter continues his command for us to live a Christian life at all times, i.e. to refrain from evil acts that will hurt our relationship with God, even if it means suffering for doing the right thing. (see 1 Peter 3:8-22)
- What verse(s) stood out to you and why?
- Answer the questions found in your study guide and/or in the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible – The First Letter of Saint James, Peter, and Jude.