“It’s the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.” (REM) If today was the last day, the end of time, and God came to judge you, how would you fare? Would you feel fine or would you suffer?
For this week, please read Matthew 23:1-24:51.
- What verse(s) stood out to you and why?
- How do you think the scribes and Pharisees felt when Jesus said all of the “woes” to them? (see Matthew 23:1-36)
- Who are the “scribes” and “Pharisees” of today? Does any of the “woes” seem relevant to anyone you know? Are any relevant to you? (see Matthew 23:1-36)
- In Matthew 24, Jesus foretells the destruction of the Jewish Temple and the coming of the end of time. How is what He says relevant today? Is today’s happenings a sign of the end of time?
- If the end of the world came today, and God came to judge you, how would you fare? (see Matthew 24:8)
- “Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.” (Matthew 24:42). How are you being watchful?
- Additional Questions found in your study guide or in the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible – The Gospel of Matthew