There was a skit from “Saturday Night Live” in which two characters, Wayne and Garth, would say, while bowing down, arms stretched forward, “We’re not worthy! We’re not worthy!” This came to mind while I read this week’s readings. Are we worthy of God’s love? I know that, at least for me, I am trying to be. I am so thankful for his love!
Please read Romans chapters 5 and 6.
- Salvation Through Faith in Christ – Part 2 (5:1-21)
- Justification and the Christian Life – Part 1 (6:1-23)
- What verse(s) stood out to you and why?
- “But God shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8). Do we deserve it? Do you appreciate Jesus’ sacrifice? Like a child might be, are we oblivious to the sacrifice our Father made for us?
- What rules your life? What affects most of your decisions? Is it God? Is it greed? Is it sin or is it righteousness? (see Romans 6:1-23)
- Additional Questions found in your study guide or in the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible – The Letter of Saint Paul to the Romans (page 45).