Today begins our 2nd week of our 8-week study of the Gospel of Mark. For this week, please study chapters 3 & 4. For those interested, discussions on this material will take place on Life Giving Bread’s Private Chat Room page on Facebook.
On a different note, to help put a stop to the coronavirus and to protect the most vulnerable in our society, we should be practicing social distancing. Therefore, to continue to practice our faith, I’d like to suggest viewing today’s mass, provided online by Word On Fire at https://www.wordonfire.org/daily-mass/.
Please feel free to share with the group how you are using this difficult time to serve others, spend more time with Christ, and grow in faith.
Have a safe and blessed week!
The day has finally arrived! With all the chaos around Covid-19, it will be nice to settle our minds and bodies and focus on the Gospel of our Lord and Savior.
For this week, please read the introduction to the Gospel of Mark in your study guide. In addition to this, please read and discuss chapters 1 and 2. You can take part in the group’s discussions on the Life Giving Bread Private Chat Room on Facebook. Contact me if you are not already a member of the chat room.
Prayer intentions can be added to the “Prayer Request” page on our website or on the chat room page.
If you any questions about the group or if you are not clear on what to do/study/discuss, please contact me.
Have a blessed and safe week!
I am taking a tally of how many members will be participating in this next study. Please contact me to let me know if you are planning to participate. You can call, email, or text me or comment on this post. I may also make some adjustments to our Life Giving Bread Chat Room on Facebook, erasing the current members and adding only those who are taking part in this study. If you want to either remain a member or be added, please let me know that as well.
Our next study, the Gospel of Mark, will begin SUNDAY, March 15th. Please make sure you have a copy of the study guide: “Ignatius Catholic Study Bible: Gospel Of Mark.” If you would like for me to order it for you from Amazon, please let me know ASAP to insure that you have it by Sunday.
Have a blessed week!
This is our final week for the Kings study. We end with chapters 24 and 25 of 2 Kings. Please study and discuss these this week.
Our next study, the Gospel of Mark, will begin March 15th. If you have not already, please purchase your “Ignatius Catholic Study Bible: Gospel Of Mark” book. If you would like for me to order it for you from Amazon, please let me know. Also, if you are not already a member of the Life Giving Bread Private Chat Room, but want to be, contact me for an invitation.
Have a blessed week!
We are down to our last two weeks of our study of Kings. This week, please study and discuss 2 Kings 22 and 23.
Have a blessed week!
Please study and discuss 2 Kings Chapters 20 & 21 this week.
LIFE GIVING BREAD (St. Athanasius’ Online Bible Study Group)
Have you ever wanted to study the Bible, but didn’t know where to begin? There’s no time like the present! Take part in this 8-week study on the Gospel of Mark, beginning March 15th. Here’s what to do…
- Purchase “Ignatius Catholic Study Bible: The Gospel of Mark” by Scott Hahn & Curtis Mitch. This book contains biblical text, notes regarding the text on each page, and study questions. Amazon.com sells it for about $10.
- Go to http://www.lifegivingbread.com for information regarding the Life Giving Bread group and study schedule.
- “Follow” the website and/or “Like” the Life Giving Bread Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/lifegivingbread to receive weekly reminders and other information.
- Beginning March 15, study 2 chapters per week. Read the bible chapters for that week, according to the study schedule shown on our website and our weekly reminders, and answer the corresponding questions in the study guide.
- Join the Life Giving Bread Private Chat Room on Facebook (optional) to take part in discussions on your own time. No meetings!
Contact Angie Poole at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the group’s chat room, if you have any questions regarding this group, or if you would like help getting started.